(Recorded Aug 20, 2013). View this recorded webinar at your convenience.
"What Will Become of the Dream?" In our continuing look at how 1963 was a turning point for the Civil Rights Movement, we reviewed the fascinating hidden history of this famous march, especially the role played by Bayard Rustin (at King’s right in picture). We were then joined by two special guests:
- Rev. Osagyefou Sekou from Boston, long time activist, pastor and theologian, discusses how we can undomesticate King’s most famous moment and soundbytes; and
- Tobias Pinkney, professor of Law at Medgar Evers University in Brooklyn, NY, responds.
Upon purchase you will be emailed a pdf with a link and directions on how to view the recorded webinar.
To have the best experience of this webinar you will need the following:
- A high speed internet connection.
- The latest version of Adobe Flash player. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Good speakers or head phones.
- To advance forward or back, scroll to the bottom of the full screen and you’ll see a play bar with a button that's moving right to left. You can click and move the button back and forth (just give it time to reload).